Wednesday, October 31, 2007

shrewdfood books for my birthday

Happy Birthday to me!!!
It is indeed a very happy birthday because my parents (who know me so well!) gave me three delightful-looking books, all about food. Excellent! Two in particular deserve mention here, since they are relevant to my blog:

1. The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution by Alice Waters. If you've been reading along, you know how I feel about lovely Ms. Waters. I can't wait to read this book! I think the back cover nicely sums up both the philosophy of the book, and the philosophy I'm trying to eat by:



"Eat locally & sustainably
Eat seasonally
Shop at farmers' markets
Plant a garden
Conserve, compost & recycle
Cook simply
Cook together
Eat together
Remember food is precious"

2. Super Natural Cooking: Five Ways To Incorporate Whole and Natural Ingredients into Your Cooking by Heidi Swanson. Heidi is the blogger behind Mighty Foods, one of my favorite food blogs. But little did I know she has a book out- and a delightful-looking book at that. I'll be sure to blog my reviews, after I've read them.




Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Love, your Halloween-baby

No comments: